Winter Storm Jonas: Show Your Snow...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
10am in Princeton NJ, with another 12hrs of snow coming...

full

snow flakes in high springs this morning.

snow flakes in high springs this morning.

full

Son, we live in a world where it snows. And that snow has to be removed by men with shovels. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?

I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for the meteorologist, and you curse the guy that drives the plow. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That snow shoveling, while tragic, probably save lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives.

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about in the summer, you want me on that driveway. You NEED me on that driveway.

We use words like accumulation… sleet… ice. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent shoveling. You use them as a punchline.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who walks his dog on the very sidewalk I just shoveled, and then questions the manner in which I shoveled it.

I would rather you just said 'thank you' and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a shovel, and dig out the mailbox.

Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Thompson, Manitoba where we used to live: Nov. 21/22, 1990. 6 FEET of snow. June 3-6,'92--snowed each day with plows out. Left Nova Scotia 10 days ago and a bit of snow covering green grass. Driving down here to the Gulf--bunch of snow in Virginia, way more than normal on our trip down (usually we're almost in shorts by then). Was it like two years ago they started NAMING winter storms?-- I don't think recent NE U.S. snow equals what I remember in NYC growing up in the '60s. It all depends on your perspective.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom