World Record: Help Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Competition is healthy, I'm sure its not a coincidence the UK attempt was within a couple of Months of the South African attempt.

Anyway, best of luck, bring back the record for Scubaboard

Bob3 once bubbled...
USN no deco tables call for 25' as being the unlimited no deco depth. You won't get saturated if ya stay in water shallower than 25'
It used to be 33', but they do sometimes change the tables based on a lot of extensive testing.

no hookah.

Your body can easily go 2 weeks w/o food, tho I'd suggest just using some of that diet swill with all the necessary electrolites, etc. No stool is produced, use a catheter & pee in a bag, tho you will need to start off fasting for a couple of days in advance & follow up with an enema.
Your pee turns brown after 3 - 4 days from burning up all the fat, & maybe some muscle.
You stop having that knawing feeling in the gut after about 3 days.
Your water will need to be a lot warmer, & a FFM is a must.

For a spiffy experience, black out your mask. The swirling colors can get entertaining. :wink:

...And really helpful. Thank you for that.

There's other ideas, too... For example, there's another record, "Longest SCUBA submergence - incontrolled environment." Someone just broke that record as just under four days.

as I subliminally hinted at (with color and underlining) and Bob3 came right out and stated.... saturation is not a consideration... but you must choose between elimination and constipation...
to get to your victory celebration.

Might I suggest the Warhammer maneuver?

Of course the record would then be for *The longest submersion in a full but unflushed toilet.*

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
as I subliminally hinted at (with color and underlining) and Bob3 came right out and stated.... saturation is not a consideration...

Very cool. I wasn't sure. All of the research I've done on the subject says that's true, but I figured I'd ask...

> but you must choose between elimination and constipation...

Well, if someone's already upping the bar to thirteen days, then I'd want to set a new precident that he would not likely be willing to shoot for. Thus, learning elimination would probably work better... And probably keep me from "seeing colors" too much. :D Besides, constipating oneself is sorta cheating, you know? How's that open the door for longer diving? It's just introducing new limitations... (Hey, man, I might not be good at it yet, but there WERE some things I picked up at DIR-F!) :D

Of course the record would then be for *The longest submersion in a full but unflushed toilet.*

Hahahahaaa!!! I was going to ask what that was, but then you explained further. That's pretty disgusting... :D I think that I could figure out a better way to get rid of waste...

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
as I subliminally hinted at (with color and underlining) and Bob3 came right out and stated.... saturation is not a consideration... but you must choose between elimination and constipation...

Are you suggesting that the viz would drop to unacceptable levels???:)

Hi there,

Sorry for my dumb question, but how come the guy who break the record ( I assume it was the first one to try that kind of things, isn't it ) did 9 days uw ?? I mean, he could've done much less... Was there a 8 days record before ? Seems odd to me

Yes Amanda,

The first I had heard recorded was I believe a 24 hour submersion

Jeff L

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom