World's First Artificial Gills Re-breather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They are really good graphic designers and scammers... Not very good at designing dive equipment. Look at their exploded illustration. A small slit is all that is allowing air to pass. Where's the valve? Where's the exhaust go?

You would have thought these idiots would have at least bought a cheap second stage and tried to copy some of the essential design features.

They are really good graphic designers and scammers... Not very good at designing dive equipment. Look at their exploded illustration. A small slit is all that is allowing air to pass. Where's the valve? Where's the exhaust go?

You would have thought these idiots would have at least bought a cheap second stage and tried to copy some of the essential design features.

Looks like this may go down to the wire on this thing being shut down for the scam it is. Almost a thousand people stand to lose their money on this thing--despite hundreds of articles that prove it cannot be real, they still invested.

I don't think they realize that they'll have no recourse to get that money back, either.

It's almost unbelievably lazy, sloppy and contemptuous. The Triton conmen must be laughing their heads off at how stupid people are, and how unbelievably lucky they are that Indiegogo makes all this possible.

Only diligent and persistent debunking has kept it from being a scam of $millions. Utter shame on Indiegogo for facilitating and profiting from this.

I couldn't help myself.
I had to look back in on this mess and see what's happening. It's like an awful reality TV show that I feel guilty about watching.

The sad news is that they're back up to over $400,000 even after admitting they lied about their technology. The cool part is that they've got some intense trolling going on in the comments. Apparently if you donate a dollar to the campaign, you are allowed to post comments on their Indegogo page and they can't delete them..

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/world-s-first-artificial-gills-oxygen-respirator--2#/comments

You are way behind the story.

They used to delete comments all the time, then someone made a bot to track and publish deleted comments which forced them to stop: Triton Deleted (@TritonDeleted) on Twitter

You used to be able to donate $1 to be able to comment publicly, then a change was made - it isn't clear if it is by indiegogo or by the scammers - so that $1 donations are instantly refunded to prevent you commenting (negatively...)

And yet people keep giving them money. Presumably because they assume that someone somewhere out there is looking out for them, and they don't realise just how high and dry indiegogo is going to leave them.

Literally hundreds of people have complained directly to indiegogo about this campaign and the only reply is a standard swathe of legal boilerplate which basically says "whatever".

See here for a preview of the comment section come December:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/bleen-3d-without-glasses#/comments

I will personally boycott indiegogo for their part in this and many other frauds, and urge you to do the same.

Last edited:
I am thinking of getting funding for my anti-gravity machine on Indiegogo, I am sure the Black Ops Stealth version will sell out quickly.

I am thinking of getting funding for my anti-gravity machine on Indiegogo, I am sure the Black Ops Stealth version will sell out quickly.

I look forward to this. I am planning on releasing a RealHover (tm) Board based on your machine. Maybe we can post at the same time. People can sign up for both.

I can't believe these clowns are getting away with this.

Believe it, and Indiegogo is the conduit that allows it to happen. With the attention that Triton is getting, it may finally be the incident that prompts regulators to finally act concerning crowdfunding sites.

Indiegogo is going to go down with this for sure. They will claim they are just a platform and do not get involved with a campaign regardless if the product will actually exist or not. And for the most part I would agree the investors should bare the most risk; however, since this is 100% a scam and they've been notified repeatedly, that defense will fall apart.

I relate it to Napster or Pirate Bay. While it was the users breaking copyright law, at the end of the day, those companies facilitated it and are/were held responsible. *Pirate bay is just amazingly good at avoiding being shut down.

Back
Top Bottom