Worst food

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nauifins73:
Dang! Philippines, Bali, Fiji, this is the food they have there? These are places I have always want to go to and dive. Do they by chance have McDonalds or Applebees or anything "normal" :D?

Becky
I was thinking along the same lines. Brown bagging it to Fiji ! :)

I recently made some home made ice cream with Jalapenos and various hot peppers- BAD idea... don't try this at home, folks!

Don't worry, there's good food in Fiji! Lots of Indian food if you like that, pizza, Chinese food, seafood, etc. Generally you "tourists" won't be eating the same things that I was eating living in a village for 3 1/2 years. Even there, boiled bat & cow jaw stew were not typical items on the menu. I haven't been back in about 10 years, but I'd guess they have more American types of food now....but I usually like to try the local stuff when I'm away from home...you can always eat at McDonald's or KFC when you get back.

I'm really pickey of what I eat, so this is what I dislike, Hispanic Food (smells and tastes bad), Asian food(smells really bad and spicey), Western European Food(horrible stuff), that's all I tasted. I like Eastern European food, well that might have to do w/ me being Eatern European, but I still dislike a lot of stuff, I mean a lot of stuff that my parents eat. I'm really picky. The good stuff from America....In n Out & Panda Express (the best), subway is pretty good, Togos is good, Wendy's, and Tacom Bell (american people trying to meake mexican food, but it taste really good, and its not spicey)

mopane worms, look that up on google also.

doesn't have to be all that exotic...liver...YUCK!

Hank49:
Balut, for those who haven't heard of it, is a duck egg eaten at various stages of embryo development. At 12 days it's like a big yolk, more or less, with the circulatory system forming (lots of veins). But, I have to agree with you...the 18-20 day old, three days from hatching has made more than a few people I knew blow chunks. This is probably more a factor that they had already drank 30 beers or so and ate it on a bet.. but it is pretty gross by western standards. The little beak and feet and soft feathers.....mmmmmmm.

balut is actually pretty good if you're not squeamish

lobbolt:
balut is actually pretty good if you're not squeamish

My Filipina wife ate the 12 day old a lot but I knew only a few people who ate the 20 day. How about baguong? The paste made of little shrimp, dried in the sun...and you put with green mango, soy and salt? When I first ate that alarm bells went off in my head like, "warning, you are consuming partially decomposed food...cease immediatley". But after about the fifth time and enough San Miguel or Tanduay to wash it down, it wasn't so bad. Hank

Ugh!!!
Some of these want to make me hurl. How 'bout these:
1. Limburger cheese. Not the "Squaw" Limburger, but the kind that comes wrapped in metal foil & requires tripple bagging so as not to contaminate everything else in your fridge.
2. Raw Sea Urchin. I ate this ONE time. Never again. Tasted & felt like rotten fish flavored thick phlegm. MMMMmmmm!
3. Haggis. Had this in Ireland. Then my British "buddy" told me what it was. I smiled, then secretly plotted my revenge. Seems Brits can't handle moderately spicy food. You know, like Habanero peppers? HaHA! I win!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom