Worth to dive all: Puerto Princesa, El Nido, Coron? Picking your brain on itinerary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you sure the 2GO ferry calls on El Nido on the way from Coron to PPS?

No unfortunately we will have to spend 1 night in Puerto Princesa and backtrack up north next day to El Nido via bus.

It's s long ride on the ferry from Coron to PP but we didn't want to take a banca directly to El Nido from Coron.

In addition to the wrecks in Coron Bay, there is fantastic coral as well a lot of macro on the shallow reefs. It is isoa\lated so the reefs are pristine.

We have six full days in Coron and I'm planning to do a wreck cert while over.

Great to hear about the macro and reefs.

Thanks Melaslithos.

Would be great if you could share your experience with the dive safari as it sounds cool.

OK. I'll make sure to post here about it. Plan is to go there last week of Nov.

No unfortunately we will have to spend 1 night in Puerto Princesa and backtrack up north next day to El Nido via bus.

It's s long ride on the ferry from Coron to PP but we didn't want to take a banca directly to El Nido from Coron.
I can understand your concern. That article on LP certainly put me right off on taking that ferry!!!
I am pretty sure your non diving travel companion will enjoy the top side attraction in El Nido.
have a nice trip.

I can understand your concern. That article on LP certainly put me right off on taking that ferry!!!
I am pretty sure your non diving travel companion will enjoy the top side attraction in El Nido.
have a nice trip.

Thank you Centrals and also thank you for your continues feedback.

I took your advise and eliminated the rush out of the trip - for the most part at least.

I will report back on the ferry crossing once completed :)

definitely include Southern Leyte on yr trip - we stayed at Sogod bay resort Sogod Bay Scuba Resort in Southern Leyte, Philippines and had excellent dives and service - friendly crew and a great spot. A must do dive is the night dive on the Padre Burgos pier.

Ah, that sounds really great. I will put that on the list for the next trip after December. So many things to do, so little time unfortunately.

The question is too personal to answer!!
3mm is certainly not enough for me in Dec. A vest with hood is a sound investment.

@MrTW if you're still interested, I wrote a little something on my experience with the dive safari here.

As for the question regarding wetsuit, hard to answer. On the boat, we had everything from people diving with just a rashguard and short, to me with a 3mm wetsuit + sharkskin top below and a dive master with a 3mm + hooded vest.

What might help you more is that this past week, water temperature was 29°C.

Back
Top Bottom