Wreck HMS Hermes in Sri Lanka

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HI Charles town divers,

Welcome to sri lanka to dive the wreck hermes during the 2nd week of August. The current is not expected to be strong during the month of August. The deep sea Resort is specially built to provide services for tech divers to dive the hermes. During the 2nd week of September the lagoon mouth will get blocked. Thereafter only one dive a day for the wreck Hermes. Probably one long dive will be possible.

happy diving
Feli

Hi There !!

Season to dive the Hermes has come to an end. Current was very strong during the first week of september. We did our deko while drifting. We got drifted for over 3km. But the vis was excellent.
Feli

Usually the lagoon mouth the entry point to the ocean from the Batticaloa lagoon gets blocked by sand during the 2nd week of September due to the low levels of water.
This year we had heavy rains during the month of August and the water level is good and the entry point is not yet blocked. If this remains open the lagoon mouth is expected to get blocked by sand in July or August next year.
This year we had a successful season and at least 60 Australian tec divers enjoyed diving the wreck hermes. Next year we expect he numbers to be more than double.
Security situation is excellent. The roads are well developed. The distance from Negombo is about 300 km. We can cover the distance now in six hours. Sight seeing in addition to that. To view the latest picz visit srilanka-divingtours.com

Happy diving
Feli

HI Carl & Rachel (Abyss Scuba)

Thanks a lot for diving with us in BAtticaloa. Your skills attitude and the friendly gesture was admired by me and my Team. We will be happy to dive with you next year. I intend to visit you in sydney shortly.
All your divers of the group were excellent.

See you next year
Feli

Season to dive the hermes will come to an end in a couple of weeks. Since the season is just about to finish the current is very strong. 29th of Sept morning we did 30 mins bottom time and deko over 45 mins. We got drifted for over 2.7 km. The excellent navigator boat captain knew it and drifted and picked us up. Vis was over 30m. Excellent marine life. Usually the entry point to the Sea the lagoon mouth gets blocked by sand due to low levels of lagoon water. Last few weeks intermittent rain kept the water levels high.
Next year the lagoon mouth will get blocked during the month of July.
Seaon is due to begin at the end of February. Usually the currents are strong.
IF THE CURRENT IS NOT STRONG IT IS NOT THE HERMES.
Hermes dive will be an unforgettable adventure.
Feli

The dives to the wreck HMS Hermes for this season has come to an end. The wreck is dive able from March to October. The current was very strong during the entire month of September.
The diving season will commence again in March 2011.

Happy diving

Hi Kevin,
will you be joining the group in 2011 with Tech Asia ? We already have two groups to come.
Bookings are very good.
cheers Feli

hI Kevin

We are looking forward to provide a better service. compressors with a higher filling rate to reduce filling time and to depart for the 2nd dive before the fishermen come to the site. We will provide accommodation at the deep sea resort. Bit better boats. Still max three divers on a boat.
cheers
Feli

Hello Feli! Thank you again for your logistics support and hospitality this past April on our initial Hermes Expedition.

Good to hear the operation is going well and hoping things will be even better for 2011. Looking forward to hearing about new discoveries, artifacts and the marine life surrounding the wreck!

The Tech Asia Hermes Charter 2011 filled up fast --unfortunately for me, I'm only the waiting list/standing-by for now. . .:(

hi Kevin !!

I hope you too can make it. Our boat crew Vincent, Sheric and the team admired your great skills and qualities. I am anxious to see you.
Cheers
Feli

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom