WTB Neoprene Mask Strap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oldbear

Teaching Neutral Diving
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
SBers,

I am looking to buy several neoprene mask straps that goes over the existing manufacture's strap. I am hoping to find plain colors (prefer blue or black) without the usual goofy printing of a shark, pirate, mermaid, dive professional's title, or store's name printed on them. The mask strap covers that have the Velcro for attachment I have found do not have enough elasticity for my liking. That is why I am looking for one that goes over the existing strap.

Since I am on an isolated island I will need US Mail order.

Thanks,

~Oldbear~

Mask strap - Search Results for Mask strap - LeisurePro

Finding a strap cover without branding might be difficult.

---------- Post added May 9th, 2014 at 06:55 AM ----------

Mask Strap Cover - Dive Right in Scuba

---------- Post added May 9th, 2014 at 06:57 AM ----------

Looks like this might be what you're looking for:

Akona Mask Strap Pad | Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL - Dive Right in Scuba

---------- Post added May 9th, 2014 at 06:58 AM ----------

Theres a ton on eBay

Scuba Mask Strap Cover | eBay

Seems to me that you can turn it over so the logo isn't visible.

Budda & Lemke,

Thanks for the tips. I am getting ready for a couple of dives today, but this evening I will check those suggestions out.

Driftwood...I am doing that right now...still prefer not to have any branding or goofy logos or printing at all. To me it would be similar to wearing a silkscreen t-shirt inside out...close but not the same. :)

---------- Post added May 10th, 2014 at 03:38 PM ----------

Thanks Budda...both of these links have EXACTLY what I am looking for a Black Neoprene Mask Strap Cover without Branding

---------- Post added May 10th, 2014 at 03:40 PM ----------

Lemke...this is close to what I was looking for, but the Velcro straps defeat the elastic qualities of the neoprene...at least from my past experience.

Everyone THANKS for the suggestions.

Seems to me that you can turn it over so the logo isn't visible.
Some have a fuzzy backing for the velcro to attach, so that wouldn't work. At least it would be much less comfy.

What's the point of these? I bought one just because I wanted to blow a couple bucks at my LDS, but what makes these better than any other mask strap?

Depends which you're talking about, the complete neoprene strap or just a neoprene strap cover. I use the complete neoprene strap cover and I find them more comfortable and they are more robust than the silicone straps that come with masks. In almost 9 years I've never broken a neoprene strap, prior to using neoprene I broke at least 4 silicone straps. Personally Ive never seen the point of the neoprene covers, in for a penny in for a pound and all that, however maybe if I had hair...YMMV.

Black/Red Reversible Strap Cover for Scuba or Snorkel Mask:Amazon:Everything Else

Yes, if you had hair you'd definitely understand. :)

I bought my first in Singapore many years ago. One of the best scuba purchases I've made and it wasn't even deliberate. Just felt like buying a little something and liked the cartoon shark on it.

---------- Post added May 14th, 2014 at 02:39 AM ----------

Strap-Wrapper Dive Mask Strap Wrapper - Wraps Around Your Dive Mask Strap:Amazon:Sports & Outdoors

Black/Red Reversible Strap Cover for Scuba or Snorkel Mask:Amazon:Everything Else

Yes, if you had hair you'd definitely understand. :)

I bought my first in Singapore many years ago. One of the best scuba purchases I've made and it wasn't even deliberate. Just felt like buying a little something and liked the cartoon shark on it.

---------- Post added May 14th, 2014 at 02:39 AM ----------

Strap-Wrapper Dive Mask Strap Wrapper - Wraps Around Your Dive Mask Strap:Amazon:Sports & Outdoors

I'd kill to have enough hair for a mask strap to be a problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom