Wanted XDeep Ghost Large Backplate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CamboSoup

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just discovered, after 2 years of diving with it, that the backplate for my XDeep Ghost is a size small. Is anyone selling a size large or willing to trade my small for a large? I know this is probably a long shot but it's worth trying.

I'll just continue using my small if I can't find anything, as it honestly hasn't given me any issues. I just thought it might be a little more comfortable with a plate that is better sized to me.

Are you taller than 5’10”? I am at the cutoff height of 5’8” and I keep thinking I should have gotten the smaller one. Doesn’t make a diff once in the water just that I don’t like where the BP rests on my back at hip level when on land. My torso isn’t short either just normal but the small size is recommended for people up to my height so there may be something there…

I am too far away for an exchange though…

I am 5'10". The BCD sits right at my waist actually which is why it probably hasn't given me too much issues. Although, for it to sit at my waist, the top of the BCD hangs pretty low down my back. The top of the plate is level with the bottom of my shoulder blade bone. I'm assuming with a larger plate, it'll bring the plate up and the shoulder straps won't need as much webbing material.

I bought the Ghost used on Facebook and didn't consider that there were small/large sizes.

If you have any interest in parting with the plate, I'm looking for a Small Ghost plate

Back
Top Bottom