Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Texas' started by tx.lakerats, Mar 11, 2004.

1. tx.lakerats

tx.lakerats Club Web Master

Finially!!! SPRING BREAK!!! Not a day too soon!! Now for a week of just work and NO SCHOOL!!!

2. ItsMandy227

ItsMandy227 Nassau Grouper

Don't forget diving~!!

3. Dee

Dee ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives:
    Got plans? :D

4. sealskin98

sealskin98 Loggerhead Turtle

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Wade fishin' in Corpus Christi with buds, after the sociological research results presentation thing. Yug. Although I hear the Omni hotel we're stayin' at is pretty nice, NSF is paying for it. America, here's where your tax dollars are going (Oh, and mine too). Although it is for a good cause, may get some insight.

What a break, work.

A rig dive would be nice, but they only go out on weekends, huh? Leaving Sat., maybe I can rent some gear and do the jetties.

5. ScubaTexan

ScubaTexan ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

The Omni in Corpus is gorgeous! Right on Shoreline Drive, I believe...

6. tx.lakerats

Dee - Not a whole lot of anything if I can help it!! (except for work of course!!)

7. TwoBitTxn

TwoBitTxn Scuba Instructor

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I don't get a Spring Break, but I only have 16 weeks left and I am FINISHED.

Enjoy your break Tx.

TwoBit

8. tx.lakerats

Dang Bit... Finished... I can only dream... what will you be "labeled" then??

9. TwoBitTxn

MS Organizational Management

Its an intense program, but I have enjoyed it.

TwoBit

10. PurduEE

PurduEE Barracuda

Did the kids (other students) make fun of you the whole time? I'm starting law school in August at UH, and I'll be 31 during that first semester.. :frown2: I'm sure most of my classmates will be just getting out of undergrad at 22/23. Any tips? :)

11. sealskin98

I have a humble suggestion.

If any of the "kids" start giving you a hard time about age, just ask them if they would like to compare résumés. That works pretty well; mine is two pages, condensed. A little long, but contains a lot of experience.

"Hey kid, ya ever had a defense attorney try to destroy your arse on the stand?"

Now I'm workin' on my vita.

12. Scubatooth

Scubatooth Scuba Instructor

sealskin you need to put a a coke warning on that one because nearly lost a keyboard, but some very true statements.

my resume i have 2 versions short and long depending on what i want to present to them because i have a whole lot of experince despite only having 4 jobs since i started working since i was 15.

im also glad i have springbreak this comming week beecause after the first 8 weeks im worn out, especially last week in that i had 3 test and 2 major projects due within 36 hours. ok now to relax and get the site templete finished like have been saying for so long. be sides spring break the thing i would like so much of is right now would be to get some time underwater, say a hour at aboutt 30 feet should be good.

well its late and i have to work inthe morning

later

Tooth

13. TwoBitTxn

I am finishing up a fixed campus (not online) University of Phoenix program. I am at about the average age. The University has a minimum age, but I don't recall what it is.

Don't worry about being the old guy. You are apt to have your fair share of people who will look up to you and value your experience. I had a few people in my undergrad classes who were older than you, and I did look up to them.

Good luck to you.

TwoBit

14. sealskin98

What's the coke warning thing? I was talkin' about the cross and re-direct on the testimony thing. There can be some idiotic questions asked; they's just playin' the jury and you have to too.

Who said it's a dog and pony show? :D

PurduEE, you won't have a problem. You'll excel.