Yokwe and Aloha from the Marshall Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

R-balljunkie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I thought I would drop a quick intro. My name is Chuck, and I am addicted to diving. I thought I would sign up for the BB to add to the other 15 minutes out of my day perusing the web and increasing my cyber interactions. I am currently living in the South Pacific, namely Kwajalein Atoll in the Marshall Islands. We dive a lot here, every weekend, and at least one night dive during the week. I’m starting to take up DSLR UW photography, which is a major catalyst in my signing up, because I sure do have a lot of questions.

Some pictures, enjoy.
P6182979.jpg

P6182974.jpg

P6182972.jpg

P6182965.jpg

P6182959.jpg

P6182902.jpg

05-21-201224.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome Chuck! Been trying for years to have my employer transfer me out to Kwajalein, Guam or Okinawa for a one or two year tour, but no luck so far. Gonna dive Bikini Atoll someday on liveaboard, embarking & sailing out of Kwajalein.

What's it like being a member of the largest active scuba club in the Pacific (and probably the world)?

Kwajalein Scuba Club

Welcome Chuck! Been trying for years to have my employer transfer me out to Kwajalein, Guam or Okinawa for a one or two year tour, but no luck so far. Gonna dive Bikini Atoll someday on liveaboard, embarking & sailing out of Kwajalein.

What's it like being a member of the largest active scuba club in the Pacific (and probably the world)?

Kwajalein Scuba Club

Kev,

that’s a nice short list of places to be for diving. my list is Philippines, or perhaps somewhere close to the red sea. Someone give me a job please :) there used to be a direct flight to bikini (not consistent) from here. i think there's a charter that go's to Bikini. i hear wordof it from time to time. whats it like? not too sure whereas ive never beenin another dive club. i think its a loose term, heck we all dive out here. ifyou are on a boat with 3 divemasters, not a big deal because everyone is adivemaster out here. its nice to be able to dive every weekend. i must reneg ona previous statement, night dives monthly, not weekly although. all said, imsure ill look back later in life and relish in the fact that diving wasavailable any time of the week, any day.

Hi Chuck! Welcome to SB. This board is an amazing resource, you'll find lots to learn. I flew on C-141s out of Norton and March AFB from '91-'05, making more than a few trips to Kwaj. Stayed once in the Kwaj Lodge, and spent some time in the Yokwe Yuck Club. I would have loved to dive Kwaj. We used to do regular trips from Hickam to Kwaj, Midway, Johnston and Wake. Good times.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom