you remembered to wipe your hard drive in your PHOTO COPIER, right?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

D_B

Kimber/TekDiveGirl storyteller and memory keeper
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
You remembered to erase the hard drive in your copy machine before you donated it right ?
... you know that all the pictures and documents are there, and what about those tax documents you copied? how about medical records? ... and how about the ones at your work ?? ... did they just scrap them ?????

... Copy Machines, a Security Risk? - CBS News Video

think of this the next time you have someplace copy something for you

God, I hope they wiped it after the Christmas party or there might still be some pretty incriminating evidence in there somewhere...

fun stuff? ... you hope that's all that's on there :wink:

It seems that most places that have copying machines do not have the software to wipe the hard drive after each use ... have you photo copied tax records ? medical bills .. does your local hospital ? how about law enforcement?
That video of what the found on the ones they purchased is downright scary.

Thanks for that link. I had no idea!

That is a great link. I make 11x17 copies at my local UPS store whenever I work from home and I never thought of them keeping the information stored after I left.

OK, now I understand why certain copiers are marked for "no classified materials".

That's really scary.

This is another reason why it is good to have your own copy machine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom