Your Favorite Cave Dive In Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I enjoy all of them for various reasons and they all have a different vibe about them. Madison for "Rocky Horror," Peacock because its nice and relaxing, Ginnie for the variety, HITW and Twin for the passages...so its very tough to nail down just one...or a few. The feeling I experienced in my first cave class on our first real cave dive many, many years ago, which I equated to a Zen-like moment...still resonates on every dive I do. I know this is not a specific answer to your question as I find all the caves a very special environment we are fortunate to get to enjoy.

Thunder hole. The varying color layers.

"gulftane" We called it that because of the tank at the bottom of the sinkhole. South of I10 from Marianna.

They are all pretty neat. Indian is a cool dive... Madison can be awesome... JB feels like home... Bonnet is fun... but Eagles Nest is totally radical if the vis cooperates.

I am relatively new to cave diving, I really like Peacock, but maybe that's because it was my first, you always remember your first LOL. In Feb however I was in JB and I am smitten. Being only intro I could not get far into it, but I a motivated to get my full so I can get a good look. I think that is now my favorite and look forward to seeing more of it.

. In Feb however I was in JB and I am smitten. Being only intro I could not get far into it, but I a motivated to get my full so I can get a good look. I think that is now my favorite and look forward to seeing more of it.

JB can be a difficult cave even for the full cave certified due to strong flow. Cave certification doesn't preclude seeing the cave, as much as practice and repetition, which will allow you to read the cave, and how to reduce exposure to flow. I have watched people with high dollar scooters set for warp factor 1 get blown out of the cave because they just don't know how to read the cave. I can run into a wall, or walk around the wall.

Last edited:
JB can be a difficult cave even for the full cave certified due to strong flow. Cave certification doesn't preclude seeing the cave, as much as practice and repetition, which will allow you to read the cave, and how to reduce exposure to flow. I have watched people with high dollar scooters set for warp factor 1 get blown out of the cave because they just don't know how to read the cave. I can run into a wall, or walk around the wall.

I did indeed notice the flow, myself and my buddy had filled at Cave Adventures and chatted with John, and a bit with Edd, as well as got some tips from some divers there where you need to go to try minimize the affects of the flow. As I learn cave diving, and new sites, I always like to get advice and tips from those more experienced, for me this is a huge part of my training, and vital. At JB I spent a lot of time just exploring the cavern area, very awesome. Looking forward to getting to know it more.

Even though its a bit of work to get to. Jug hole (blue spring) is very very nice. Telford I'd have to put as a close second. Like the way that cave changes from River cave to more typical FL cave with various changes in between. Neither of these I would consider beginner level though. So take that FWIW

When you come down in Nov, we should go do a dive at Jug. You don't want to hump doubles down there, so it's either sidemount or a single tank, but it's a pretty cavern.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom