Your Favorite Cave Dive In Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hint - they're all my favorite. the only cave dive not my favorite was jailhouse, and that was only the entrance spring. yuck.

Oh come now, Marci ... what's not to love about that "spring" ... :wink:

003.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I'm yet to encounter a Floridian cave that I haven't loved. I'm a long way from seeing them all, but the pictures I've seen of Indian and Diepolder II and III are the reasons I bought a rebreather.

Got some bad news for you.. Indian is now closed and Diepolder II is open-circuit only. The entrance restriction at D2 is such that the guides are still evaluating the best way to get visitors on rebreathers in there. But... Diepolder 3 does allow rebreathers, and here's a couple of photos from D2 to wet your appetite.

13346773_1229587337066564_6431598428128038724_n.jpg

@kensuf That is so cool, awesome pictures. Is D2 open like that for the majority of it or is there also the narrow "tunnel" like sections. That is a very cool cave and one I would love to do once certified..

@kensuf That is so cool, awesome pictures. Is D2 open like that for the majority of it or is there also the narrow "tunnel" like sections. That is a very cool cave and one I would love to do once certified..
D2 is monster power cave that stays huge to the back. It is so large there is a line on each wall, and they intersect at the back. There is what looks like a potential sidemount passage 3/4 of the way back,that to my knowledge has never been pushed,but now that there are sidemount rebreathers that could be a consideration.

D2 is monster power cave that stays huge to the back. It is so large there is a line on each wall, and they intersect at the back. There is what looks like a potential sidemount passage 3/4 of the way back,that to my knowledge has never been pushed,but now that there are sidemount rebreathers that could be a consideration.

Holy CRAP!! That one will be a ways off for me, I just looked into the stats and requirements to dive that bad boy. Very nice system and DEEP. LOL

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom