Yukon by private boat........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whalerkyle

Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Has anyone ever been to the Yukon with their own boat? I would love to go this coming weekend but I can't find directions, rules, best harbor, etc...
Can someone let me know what launch ramp to use, and any GPS#'s, and any rules/guidlines to follow while out there? Can I tie up to any one of the bouys?

Thank everyone for your help.

Kyle

Kyle,
You can tie up to one of the buoys over the Yukon. But, depending on the time of day, you may be waiting in line as there are sometimes too many boats over the wreck for mooring purposes (both private and commercial). If the Yukon is crowded, speed over to the Ruby E for a nice dive in usually less crowded conditions.
PM me with the size boat you have and I can give you several launching site options.

As to GPS coordinates, 32 46.814, 117 16.936

That's sweet dude, thanks!!
Kyle

Tygh:
Kyle,
You can tie up to one of the buoys over the Yukon. But, depending on the time of day, you may be waiting in line as there are sometimes too many boats over the wreck for mooring purposes (both private and commercial). If the Yukon is crowded, speed over to the Ruby E for a nice dive in usually less crowded conditions.
PM me with the size boat you have and I can give you several launching site options.

As to GPS coordinates, 32 46.814, 117 16.936

One more suggestion. Pick up one of the little plastic dive cards that show the Yukon's layout. It can be helpful when trying to figure out which buoy you are on and what lies beneath it.

I dived the Yukon a month after "it sank." Obviously at that point, there was very little growth. Have things improved appreciably?

Craig

Otter:
I dived the Yukon a month after "it sank." Obviously at that point, there was very little growth. Have things improved appreciably?

Craig

Not sure what you would define as improved, but from the context of your question, it seems you are asking if things are growing on it....

Yes, it is covered with growth....

I would have liked to see it when it had only been down a month...heh

Old thread but worth bumping because google searching "Diving the Yukon with a private boat" leads you here.

Any updated info would be nice but my main question is regarding the protocol on a busy day. If we tie up and all jump in what happens if other boats show up? Is it just tough luck? Do they have to wait for the divers to finish their dives and the boat to leave?

What if we plan to leave someone on deck? would we be asked move while our divers are in the water? I'd rather not have them surface to some random boat or an empty line.

I wasn't there, but I have some friends who did a night dive on the Yukon in an inflatable boat several years ago. They were picked up as suspected drug runners.

Thanks for bringing that up, I needed that thought this morning. It's good to laugh at friends stories.
I really need to make it to the Yukon again.

Back
Top Bottom