Zeagle Dump Valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RikRaeder

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Perhaps this is a rookie question, but hey, I'm a rookie. Do all Zeagle BCs come with dump valves and if so how many? I'm especially interested in the Brigade, which I guess would be a Ranger, and the Stiletto.

Aside from dumping through the inflator hose, the Brigade has 3. 2 of them are located one on each side of the bottom of the bladder, and are accessed by pulling cords. The third is up high, and is accessed by pulling gently on the inflator hose itself, not pushing in the deflator button.

Dear Rookie,

The folks @ Zeagle recently changed the configuration of the dump valve on most of their BD's. The dump valves were located on the bottom of the air bladder facing the diver...this ment that the valve during a dive was facing down, not the most efficent. One the newer models they relocated the dump vales to the tank side or facing up when in the horizontal dive position. They now work perfectly in all orientations. Both the Ranger and the Steletto sport three(3) dump valves two on the lowerr wings of the bladder and one over the left shoulder attached to the corregated inflator hose.

I have been a "Ranger" diver for five years...and love it. The Steletto has the same design yet it is better suited for travel.

I hope this answered your question...Good Luck

Thanks folks. That's what I wanted to hear. I'll be checking some out in person when I return to the States this August.

Thanks again

As far as I know, the Brigade (Ranger harness/Escape bladder) has 2/2.5 dumps.

(1) Bottom left dump
(2) Inflator hose deflate
(2.5) Pull on the inflator hose remote dump

As fas as I can tell, there is no bottom right dump, or right shoulder dump.

It is quite possible, as another has posted, that the Escape bladder has been reconfigured (I have a new Brigade). Either that, or I seriously need new glasses!

If I can get in a dive in Panama City Beach next week, I'll do a Zeagle Brigade review!

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom