Zeagle Escape BCD users ???????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Islandheart

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
The Escape appears to be the only weight intergrated BC with pull out weights.

I using a Stellito but am looking for a jacket or other BCD with pull out weight system.

Comments ???

The Escape is the only weight integrated BC we sell with pull out weights instead of a ripcord.

Basically, we decided to do it just to have a second option, and we sell ripcord weight systems over the pull outs by about 100 to 1.

Once people grasp the concept and understand the ripcord weight system, they choose it over the pull out system alomst all the time.

YMMV.

One of the deciding factors for buying the Stiletto was the rip cord. Buying the pockets,($60/pair) and unintentional loss of weights (pockets not staying securely fastened) were 2 of the reasons I bought the Stiletto.

I can't figure why you'd want the pullout style. The ripcord system is great! I've about 60 dives on my Escape with ripcord system. Only downside was during Divemaster training when my instructor made me pull the ripcord, and it took me about a half hour to rethread the thing, having never done it before. But in an emergency, when you can dump all weights easily in two seconds, you won't mind the rethreading time!

I can't figure why you'd want the pullout style. The ripcord system is great! I've about 60 dives on my Escape with ripcord system. Only downside was during Divemaster training when my instructor made me pull the ripcord, and it took me about a half hour to rethread the thing, having never done it before. But in an emergency, when you can dump all weights easily in two seconds, you won't mind the rethreading time!

The first time you rethread the ripcord will be the longest. As you get more used to it, you can do it much quicker....not that speed or rethreading it would be my biggest concern, were I to dump weight - but I can rethread the entire BC in about 4 minutes (after many trade shows and demos!)

:D

I have been diving the Escape now for several years. Mine has the pull out. At the time of purchase pull out vs ripcord was not a factor, I just liked the BC. I can say it is the most comfortable BC I have dove, uw trim is great. Overall a great product. Made in the USA was big factor for me, several of the other manufactures models I was considering are made in China, and having worked in the textile, and sewing industry for most of my life, lets just say that I am more comfortable with Made in the USA dive gear...

I have used the rip cord system and it works well. The only advantage I see with the pull outs is you can drop half your weight. Dropping half your weight produces a slower ascent. Fast ascent = problems.

With the ripcord system you can open one of the zippered pockets and dump weights from just one pocket. You can even just dump one of the weights within a pocket.

Adam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom