Zeagle ranger rear trim weights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stas

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
I bought for mu father a used zeagle ranger. The website (zeagle's) says that a standard feature on these bcs' is the rear trim weight pockets. However, I can't find them. Could someone explain eithier where they are, provide a picture, or tell me if they can be removed (because then they might just not be there)?
Thanks, Stas

Here's an example of the rear weight pockets. They are removable and are attached to the lower cam bands, between the band and the wing.

From what I thought, the rear weight pockets were only part of the Ranger for a select number of years, and now they are standard feature only for the Limited model. I have a Ranger circa 2004 and it came with rear weights. And a friend purchased a Ranger in late 2005, and there were no more pockets.

However, I found this thread, and Scott says the opposite: Zeagle Tech - Rear Weight System ?

Maybe I got lucky and my friend not so. Either way, pockets were not always standard feature.

The rear weight pockets are now standard on most Zeagle BCs.

Scuba Toys sells them as an option on thier Brigade BC.

The 8051Z pockets are retrofittable on a lot (but not ALL) of the older Zeagle BCs.

Hope this helps.

Scott

The key here is NOW STANDARD, not so on older ones but you can add them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom