Zeagle Sport Line And Cleaning Bladder??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djdalite

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I bought my GF a Zeagle Grace, its a nice B.C at a very fair price point, however I have no idea why you took away the garden hose flush feature? Would it not be easy to implement this with the newer power inflator? After a trip to Costa Rica I was getting my self drenched cleaning her B.C, the only method i found was to unscrew the inflator hose valve at the top and fill via holding a garden hose to it. Meanwhile my Stiletto is a breeze. Is there a better way to clean the bladder or is there anyway to use the older power inflator?

you can use the old power inflator, but I prefer to keep one of these around

DeepSeaSupply - Product Detail

I find it easier to use, and it's a lot cheaper than a dedicated inflator. Can also use it to clean the valves in drysuits, DSMB's etc etc, but more importantly you can use it on all brands of inflators

you can use the old power inflator, but I prefer to keep one of these around

DeepSeaSupply - Product Detail

I find it easier to use, and it's a lot cheaper than a dedicated inflator. Can also use it to clean the valves in drysuits, DSMB's etc etc, but more importantly you can use it on all brands of inflators
thanks for that link, ill consider it

The BX coupler is by far the easiest way to clean a BC. You could replace the hose and inflator with a BX version. Shouldn't set you back too much. If I were in your shoes, that's what I'd do.

The BX coupler is by far the easiest way to clean a BC. You could replace the hose and inflator with a BX version. Shouldn't set you back too much. If I were in your shoes, that's what I'd do.

you haven't used the DSS adapter then.... It is as simple as push onto the nipple and open the valve right there. The DSS one is easier to use than the Innovative as well due to not having the collar retainer to deal with and having the shutoff right at the hose end. It is by far the easiest device I've used for cleaning out bladders, including the BX inflator

I guess i still dont understand why they just didnt implement the feature into the new line of bc's - I like the look of the new power inflator just why not mold it so it has threads on one end?
My speculation is that their entire "sport" - jacket line is a re-brand. Except maybe the Halo since it has the Ripcord weight system.

Consider the other brands Huish owns. And that Bare quit selling hard gear a couple years ago.
google the Bare Voodoo and compare inflators with your wife's....they're pretty much identical.

Thanks for the feeback on the Grace. This thread has been passed on to R&D.

If you don't have one of those cool attachments people suggested, the best way to clean it is to unscrew the inflator.

you haven't used the DSS adapter then.... It is as simple as push onto the nipple and open the valve right there. The DSS one is easier to use than the Innovative as well due to not having the collar retainer to deal with and having the shutoff right at the hose end. It is by far the easiest device I've used for cleaning out bladders, including the BX inflator
Fair enough. However, with the BX there aren't any other parts I need to hold onto. I'm certain I'd lose that adapter in no time. I have an Octo-Z on my inflator hose, and I store that with my regulator. So I rinse my regs first, then unscrew the Octo-Z, and rinse the BC.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom