Zeagle Zena in Pink

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I assume you've read the "tutorial" on how to get your Zena perfectly adjusted to your body while diving....

Is there something more formal? I've read some of your other posts advising other Zena owners on how to adjust it (hip bands, waist, then shoulders?) in the water, so I tried that out in the pool and it seemed to work well!

Nope, that's it! The single most important thing to remember is that the shoulders need to be loose, then yard her down, tightening the straps from the bottom up...making sure the middle one is at your natural waist. Horizontal in the water is the easiest place to do it.

If you do any shore diving, I figured out what I think is the best way to walk to the water with your tank on. What I did in Bonaire for 2 weeks was sit on the back of the truck so it took the weight of the tank, then tightened the shoulder straps down as far as they would go. Once the shoulders were yarded up, I'd snug down the other straps, not worrying about where they were on my body. This put the tank up a bit higher than normal, made it more stable, and kept me from feeling like the tank was yanking my BC up in the front. I did the stairs at 1000 steps easily this way, and had many opportunities to experience how much more stable it was while doing rocky entries.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom