Aussie diving July Week 2: Fri 11th to Thur 17th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks! Hmm drysuit is out of the budget til next winter. :( Just gotta make another month or two and then the temperature should start to rise. :)

Good luck with your RD course!

Yes, they aren't cheap are they? Luckily I don't have to buy one of those as yet! But I do plan on diving the Great Lakes in the US at some stage so a drysuit course will be on the agenda then. Have you done one of those?

Thanks. I'm looking forward to it...with a little trepidation!

Went to Sydney for the weekend. The weather cooperated quite nicely for a change & I got a dive in on both Saturday & Sunday. Dived the Marry M. Miller on Sat. & the Trio on Sun. Water temp was about 14C at 50mts & 17C at 3mts. Did 25 minute BT with 45 minute RT on the Marry M. & 20 BT with a 51 minute RT on the Trio.

Well as I said we didn't go diving last weekend ... However our friends went to Bare Island on Sunday ... they had a first for BI .... thet saw a Grey Nurse Shark, and have the photos to prove it.

Damn ... knew I should have gone

:rofl3:things are much easier to take pictures of when they are dead:rofl3:I found a pygmy leatherjacket with one eye once. I was pretty easy to get pics of too:rofl3:until it saw me!
sounds like you got some good dives in tho Sas
I've only done one dive in a drysuit in water temp 8 degrees....in Canada. I was new to diving overweighted and felt like turtle with that neck seal. They told me.. don't put air in your dry suit unless you have to unless it starts pinching. I waited too long... had bruises all over the next day. When I surfaced and they said to inflate the suit :rofl3:I was like the cartoons where they blow air into a critter and it winds up looking like a balloon with head, hands and feet sticking straight out! They didn't warn me that if you inflate too much it vents... :11doh:and where it vents water comes in. LOL what an experience! Sure glad I did it!

Livinoz why the AMERICAN Great Lakes? I may be a bit biased :blinking:but I think the Canadian Great Lakes would be better!:D
Almity it doesn't count unless you are in the water and get pictorial evidence of the whales:noGrey nurse seen underwater with pictures beats Whales seen above water with no pictures. I meet your move and raise you one:blinking:

Livinoz why the AMERICAN Great Lakes? I may be a bit biased :blinking:but I think the Canadian Great Lakes would be better!:D

Hehe! I'll let you argue the demarcation lines out with my friend from Minnesota! :wink: But Canada is good! After all it's part of The Commonwealth!

bet you can make a Canadian friend too lol
I grew up on the Great Lakes.... Thunderbay to be exact.... I have half sibs living there
My ancestors came up the Great Lakes in Dugout Canoes and homesteaded on the Canadian US Border The Ontario/Minnesota border that is!

bet you can make a Canadian friend too lol
I grew up on the Great Lakes.... Thunderbay to be exact.... I have half sibs living there
My ancestors came up the Great Lakes in Dugout Canoes and homesteaded on the Canadian US Border The Ontario/Minnesota border that is!

Well I'll obviously have to dive both sides then! :D

Ok some pictures! Second time out with the camera for me, getting better I think. Got some helpful advice off people such as get closer to things, focus on eyes and try angles other than above :p

Firstly at Kelp Beds Reef:

Blue Devil - I took this pic and am proud of it, one of my first ones I really like
n729713689_1061404_9931.jpg

Not sure what fish but I love all the colour at this dive site
n729713689_1061403_9658.jpg

Portsea Pier:

Pot Belly Seahorse
n729713689_1061400_8850.jpg

Blairegowie Pier night dive (my fav shore dive)

Common Stingaree - the eye looks really cool!
n729713689_1061398_8009.jpg

Dumpling squid
n729713689_1061401_9109.jpg

Gunn's leatherjacket. We find heaps of these on night dives and it appears that they bite onto the pylons and sleep or something as they float around in the surge a bit. Anyway, whatever it is, they look cute.
n729713689_1061399_8565.jpg

Sea anemones, I love these :)
n729713689_1061351_7069.jpg

Anyway, I might have gone overboard with picture attachments there... but the novelty of u/w photos has not worn off on me yet :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom