Are you a vegetarian?

Are you a vegetarian?

• Fish in the sea, not on a plate. Cow's in a field, not in a burger. I'm a veggie/vegan

Votes: 22 9.9%
  • Don't eat meat but eat fish

Votes: 15 6.7%
  • I eat the insides of an animal to please my palate

Votes: 161 72.2%
  • Best place for fish is at the end of my speargun

Votes: 20 9.0%
  • Don't eat fish but eat meat

Votes: 5 2.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, now you lost me! I apologize for putting you down, I do get carried away sometimes. It's getting late and I have to get up early for work tomorrow, so I'll have to pick this up again tomorrow. Don't read much? Lately all I read is diving stuff, so not much help there. I certainly do not support the PETA agenda. I'd like to know what you mean by lack of knowledge on the subject; what subject? I mean, there's so many that I have a lack of knowledge in, it's hard to know which one you're talking about! Anyway, I've enjoyed the exchange, I look forward to more, and I'd really enjoy talking about it in person with you after a day of diving, over a nice steak-and-lobster dinner! (Maybe you missed the part where I said I do eat meat and fish, just not so much!) Cheers!

If humans stopped breeding, all the problems in the animal and environmental world we cause would stop in about 100 years.

First I would enjoy that as well! I have watched first hand the passing of laws that control what people do with their personal property such as dogs pushed by PETA. I am sensitive to the "Agenda" of Vegans and PETA, including the removal of dewclaws on dogs and tail docking! Breed Specific laws being passed with PETA backing! I don't expect anyone to start eating meat! LOL Just trying to open some eyes to the invasive arguments that push us to the next step! :mooner::wink:

ND, people don't breed! They have babies, human life, and one of those maybe the next Pasture, Einstein, or Goddard? Every life is important to the quality of life on this planet! If we were not here there would be no standards to judge it by! We decide what paradise looks like not some animal that lays in it own waste! :shakehead:

ND, people don't breed!
Some of them do.

Every life is important to the quality of life on this planet! If we were not here there would be no standards to judge it by! We decide what paradise looks like not some animal that lays in it own waste! :shakehead:
I can't tell if you are serious or not - so I will give two responses:

a). Uh.....right.

b). Uh.....right.

I do everything in my power not to successfully breed. . .

I like to practice, but try not to breed . . .

Sibermike - I enjoy a good back and forth of ideas but the key word is ideas so you're going to have to lay off the hookah man. I can't even make sense out of what you are saying
Sorry to hear that, I tried to use plain English! :eyebrow:
O.K. actually, there was a typo, so maybe it was my fault, but that was no reason to accuse me of, what did you say "hookah" usage! :D

You seem bent on arguing the letter of the law instead of the intent
just the facts

(with a weird anti Jewish vibe to boot)
where you got THAT I have no idea!! Maybe it is YOU who should lay off the "hookah"! (whatever THAT is) :rofl3:
You REALLY didn't understand MY intent then because I am, if anything, PRO-Semite! :wink:

I guess that is what I deserve for telling one of you vegans that you had a good post! :D

Like I said, eat what you want, I couldn't care less!! :D

All I know is, meat is tasty.
Some would disagree of course. However, obviously there are enough vegetarians out there that agree with you because they keep a fake meat restaurant in business!! I don't think any real meat-eaters want a fake turkey for thanksgiving!! :D

I don't even like fake crab legs even though it still is fish!

If I am going to eat meat, I want the real thing or forget it!

You REALLY didn't understand MY intent then because I am, if anything, PRO-Semite!
Fair enough, perhaps I read more into it. If nothing was intended I retract my comments in that regard.

Otherwise... Bring it on :D

Calm down, take a few deep breathes, your among friends now! :D
Read the posts. Most of the meateaters (and according to the poll, that is the majority) don't give a hoot that you'd rather wrestle a carrot then sink a juicy steak between your teeth. :D
They are like me, I'd invite you over to my house any time. More MEAT FOR ME!!!!! :eyebrow:

I should have made it clear more that I was talking about people I meet in real life, not here...

When I said "Often, when people find out (either when they bring it up in conversation or... as the case usually happens... or we end up at a meeting or social gathering together and I ask about ingredients of dishes) that I am a vegetarian, they go immediately into attack mode" because it happens to me in real life... I was talking about real-life conversations that come up from time to time. I wasn't talking about any of the previous conversations in this thread.

The hostility is real, and I see it in person.

Sorry if I was unclear.

Some would disagree of course. However, obviously there are enough vegetarians out there that agree with you because they keep a fake meat restaurant in business!! I don't think any real meat-eaters want a fake turkey for thanksgiving!! :D

I don't even like fake crab legs even though it still is fish!

If I am going to eat meat, I want the real thing or forget it!

those fake restaurants offer the tastiest food known to mankind!!!

you've stumbled over part of the reason of why i dont eat the real mccoy. i think our food technology has advanced far enough now for me to no longer eat animals and the substitute or alternative of a meat excites my taste buds to the same extent if not greater than the real thing. just had some lovely i cant believe its not chicken burgers for me dinner and i know that a fat little ballooned chuck has not had a wank life to provide it for me!

before i get flamed i'm not preaching, just putting my point across. this thread reminds me of defensive reactions from smokers when speaking to reformed smokers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom