Help! Ducomi Pier - Dumaguete

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

latest update:

from 30th of June the management of DUCOM decided to stop all diving activities at the pier.

In addition must be said, that there is no need anymore to dive there.... maybe in 20 Years again.

one of the best Critter sides is 80% destroyed

When I think back to last year when I mentioned here on SB, that I don't believe the rescue-story, I got some "not so nice " calls from Dive-Shop owners and even the Admin of SB deleted my thread, where I was a bit critical.

I just hope the dive-shop managers here in the region are stopping now to promote that divesite, just to steal some dollars from guests, providing wrong information. But I guess it's business...

I wonder how many people who thank you for your post actually lobbied to protect Ducomi from development.

Divers from outside of the PI's will read this thread with dismay (especially since Ducomi was portrayed as the Philippine 'best'macro dive site - equivalant to Lembeh, Sulewesi).

For me, I thank you for doing everything in your power to protect this important place, but hold others in contempt for doing nothing when they could have 'stuck out their necks a 'bit' to do something.

To make this clear; I accuse many Filipino divers who are simply ineffectual regarding lobbying the government/local officials to protect their own environment.

IMO, Filipino divers can do much more to protect sites like Ducomi (Duma, whatever the name).

The fact for us is that they simply do not care - a sad indictment on Filipino divers.

However, as many divers in the PI's live in the most polluted city in the World, then I can understand why their expectations/actions to preserve the good dive sites here are low/lacking and mean nothing - just words.

Maybe these people (they know who they are) can say what they have done to protect/conserve/develop their environment for scuba diving in Manila or in other places?????

If that is your conclusion then you knew nothing about the situation at all

As you are based in Canada as per your profile and everything, I cannot honestly understand why you are expert in Negros and everywhere else in the Philippines as you give the impression.

Please say what you know extra to existing knowledge on Ducomi to endear yourself to others who consider that the destruction of this pier represents a huge loss to Worldwide dive tourism?

If you know the real facts about this, then why the hell have you kept your mouth shut until now?

Otherwise, stick to seals please.

haha. Why would I want to waste my time arguing this with you? No thanks, go ahead and wave your e-penis. It's quite huge already. But bravo on the troll, I give you a B+!

Describing yourself as 'Marine Scientist' from Canada, I expected more. However, as I have also received similar juvenile remarks from another Canadian, then I am revising my attitude to Canadians.

You do a disservice to Canada.

Regarding Negros and Ducomi, then this diving site (if you read International dive magazines) was (is?) one of the World's best macro dive sites, rivalling Lembeh.

You (Chip) seem to know more than you have said - you infer this.

So, what is this that you think you know?

The point here is that divers came to Negros from all corners of the World to dive this one site in the Philippines as it was promoted as one of the best in the World.

Now, if this site is destroyed, then these same people wonder if the people of the Philippines will protect other sites (this is on their mind before they come here).

You give the impression that you are a 'Guru' and know the reasons why sites like Ducomi are destroyed (albeit you state you are Canadian. Please say if you are Canadian or OFW in Canada).

So, all eyes are on you to tell us the 'real' story behind this.

Otherwise, just be quiet please on matters that you purport to know everything about just because you feel yourself big for living in Canada (WOW!!!!).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom