The Boynton Dive Chronicles (new and improved)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm heartbroken to see those horse conchs lying there dying. We don't see many of them...I would never take a live one. What the heck were you thinking?????

Legal, yes.

I am still very disturbed by this catch, though. There just aren't that many of them around. Why take them? They aren't real good eating. It's not like catching a slow-moving mollusk proves manlihood. I'm so sad about their senseless deaths.

Do I catch conchs? YES I DO. With my camera.

Looks like it is going to be crappy until Weds, but hopefully this storm will bring the bugs and big fish back...
5aqjb7.jpg

www.dolphinsun.com

Take, take, take :shakehead:

1864 votes for Kev today and I've recruited some friends since we havent heard anything about those letters for extra points.

I'm heartbroken to see those horse conchs lying there dying. We don't see many of them...I would never take a live one. What the heck were you thinking?????

What were we thinking? People harvest animals and eat them. Now if you are a vegan, I understand, but if not you are ignorant. We actually see hundreds of horse conch and take what we will eat. You will never see an undersized fish/catch on my boat and in fact we aggressively monitor compliance for all our hunters. Conservation is usually a higher priority to hunters than those who buy their meals at Publix.

"You have just dined, and however scrupulously the slaughterhouse is concealed in the graceful distance of miles, there is complicity." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Your reply is a bit hypocritical don’t you think? In you avatar you are holding a lobster that you seemed to have no problem killing.

Sorry for the :hijack:, now lets get back to some great pictures and stories from Boynton.

Geez, I can't believe you people.

I take lobsters, they are plentiful and they are good eating.

Horse conchs are rare and not edible.

I'm going to hold back on what I REALLY want to say because I don't want the mods to spank me but ... wait, I cannot finish this sentence.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom