L & M Stingray + Owners!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BDSC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
So the word on the street is that soon you will be able to do MWB with your Stingray + housing if you have the new Sony CX500 or CX520. It seems with this camcorder, you can do a true "one button push" MWB and L&M may come out with a new handle for the Stingray + that will allow this feature. Here is a link to how it works with the Bluefin now. http://www.underwatervideography.com/chann...ght-and-Motion/

It this turns out to be true, I can't imagine a better housing for the money than the Stingray +.

That's a better link!

Thanks.

Certainly could solve my problems with the HC-7 which I can't MWB in my current housing (interestingly, it does a great job of AWB at night, just not during the day).

Certainly could solve my problems with the HC-7 which I can't MWB in my current housing (interestingly, it does a great job of AWB at night, just not during the day).

Right now I have the HC7 and Stingray +. The housing will do everything you could really ask for except the MWB. But if they get this thing worked out, then for the most part, it will have it all. And if the future Sony Camcorders will have the same control set-up where you can do MWB with the push of a button, then it becomes a truly great system for a great price. I think it already is but this would be icing on the cake.

Update.

Handle should be ready in about a month.

The latest on this is the upgraded handles will allow access to all of the camcorders functions including one touch MWB. I think the upgrade handles are now available but am waiting to hear back from L&M to be sure.

The new Stingray Plus handles and housings with MWB capability are now starting to ship. Light and Motion has many new products, including a new round up of lights (Sunray 1200x and Sunray 2000x). Plus many changes to the housing line up.

The new MWB handle for the Stingray Plus is a definite winner. Its a bit pricey for the upgraded handle, but still a lot cheaper than before when you had to buy the Bluefin in order to get MWB capability. Still lots of nice additional features on the Bluefin housings...at least now the most important feature is available on all of their housings.

Just got off the phone with Paul at L&M and I'll be sending my handles in for the upgrade! Should easily have them back in time for my trip to Bonaire at the end of February.

Can't wait to get a new Sony CX series camera and start playing around with MWB uw. It will be all new to me. I never had that feature before. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom