DIR Friendly Florida Keys Charters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanx to everyone for their suggestions, we are now booked at Silent World for a douple dip on the Spiegel Grove and with Keys Scuba Shack for a double dip on the Vandenberg. Since I'm bringing my 17 year old son, Silent World is also going to be able to certify him for his PADI Nitrox as we'll arrive early and he'll take his test before we depart on the afternoon charter. Now I just have to have him study during our drive from Rhode Island south!

He should have plenty of time to study on that long drive. See you guys when you get down here.

Want to thank everyone for their recommendations as we are heading back to Rhode Island tomorrow after a week in the Keys. We are heading home with sunburns and rejuvenation!

We dove with Silent World on Monday (15 Feb 2010) afternoon for a double dip on the Spiegel Grove. My son completed his PADI Nitrox class with Avery in the morning and we had the charter boat to ourselves for the afternoon trip. The conditions were surprisingly summer-like as the water was smooth as glass. And once we arrived at the site, we were the only ones diving on the SG! A wonderful day indeed.

On Wednesday (17 Feb 2010) we went out with Keys Scuba Shack on Stock Island (Key West) for a double dip on the Vandenberg. Once again we were the only ones on the charter so we had the boat to ourselves. With a late morning trip we arrived at the Vandy just with two other charters present so we hooked onto the stern mooring ball. Surface conditions were 3 ft waves when we arrived that settled down to less than a 1 ft during our surface interval. We also had the Vandy to ourselves for the second dive as the two other charter boats had departed.

Very appreciative for the wonderful services by both Silent World and Keys Scuba Shack.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom