Drysuit training in Tobermory area???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaHound

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello folks -

I am looking for a dive shop that offers dry suit rental and training in the Tobermory area. From what I have heard, there are no shops in Tobermory that rent out dry suits. They will offer the course if you bring your own dry suit. Does anyone know a place in Ontario that takes divers from dry suit training in Tobermory?

Thanks in advance for your help!

S H

check the shops in GTA many shops make trips to Toby every now and then and I think some have suits to rent and would do the course. I remember my friend was renting a suit from my LDS (Aquarius Scuba), the owner is quite flexible, call them up talk to Mark he is mostly there after 6pm. There are other shops in the area, AquaSub, Mississauga Diving etc//but all this shops are in Toronto , they usually start going to Toby late May.

The instructor I DM with goes to Toby 2 or 3 times a year. We also go to Gilboa Ohio 3 or 4 times a year. We have done drysuit training at both places. She's an independent, so you would have to have your own drysuit.

Home | Dive With Mar

Hi Seahound
We teach drysuit courses in Tobermory in the Spring, Summer and Fall. We also have several drysuits for rent.
Cheers
Norbert Pietkiewicz
AquaSub Scuba Diving Centre

I too was under the impression that there were no shops in the area that rented drysuits. This is a good piece of information to have.

Is there any information for what the charges are, what's available for rent etc?

I too was under the impression that there were no shops in the area that rented drysuits. This is a good piece of information to have.

Is there any information for what the charges are, what's available for rent etc?

My Dive Center in MArkham has full line of Drysuit for rental. All sizes are available.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom