Scubapro O-ring Sizes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you're talking about shims, I'd be interested to learn about alternative sources, even though I have no burning need for them right now, with a large stash of 2 (two) spares.

Here's an updated MK20/25 schematic with o-ring material, sizes of the springs, sizes of the wrench and keys, and modified torque specs for the seat retainer: the original schematic says 22 ft-lbs, but the retainer itself has 11 ft-lbs engraved.

Attachments

• MK20TIS_Conf10_RevI-V4.pdf
    226.4 KB · Views: 697
On behalf of couv, with o-rings sizes and material.
Please proof this within 24H, after that it'll be locked down for eternity!

Attachments

• G250V-anno-V3.1.pdf
    197.7 KB · Views: 460
Last edited:
I have been Lurking and learning here.

I want a copy of the secret book just because it is a secret book!

However I like reading what all of you are writing a lot! I think that you guys might be better than the secret book! :)

Awap: :cool3::cool3:

Thank you all for posting....

If you get out this way, SF Bay give a shout! I would definately be up to shouting a :coffee::popcorn::cheers: or possibly a sail on the bay!

Guy

MILLERJE just pointed me to oringsUSA, and I noticed they now sell the -010 PU90 by the piece at $.22 a pop.

awap, are these the ones you were talking about, those that break when you squeeze them?

I am new to this, but wouldn't you use Buna-N ones

Buna-N

instead of the "Millable Gum" ones in the link?

And wouldn't it be even better according to Scuba Pro to use polyurethane per the advert that the mk2 had been "Upgraded with Polyurethane O-rings"?

Thanks,
Guy
:)

Buna-n is nitrile. The polyurethane o-rings are supposedly more extrusion resistant and therefore better for the HP piston-stem application. When Awap and I ordered these urethane 90 duro o-rings, I think we got some of a bad batch, as some of them worked fine and others just crumbled when squeezed.

I am planning another order of 90 duro urethane o-rings for my MK5/10 pistons.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom