The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deb, I feel your pain! That sucks. I lost one of those really expensive beach diving flags last year, the one with the big orange buoy and the oversized flag. The real kick in the pants is that my fishing license was attached to the flag in a dry box and it clearly had my name and address yet nobody attempted to contact me to return it. Some people really suck.

Granny, .... I'm diving the bridge Friday July 2 before noon, want to join me?

DebbyDiver,
TWe will be there that afternoon, but that is the time we reserved our trip with Kevin Metz at Underwater explorer. Thanks so much for the invite. We would loved to have joined you.
Thanks,

You are going to have a GREAT time with Kev!!! I promise!!!! If for some reasons the seas are rough and the trip gets blown out, remember the BHB offer. :)

Well, I don't have the original to get really close, but the pipe is PVC (if I am not mistaken... schdl 200), and you can make out two appendages... one spread toward the top and one spread toward the bottom

I'm not sure. I looked closer and that cylinder looks more organic than PVC. I've uploaded two more pics - out of focus and unedited except for cropping. Also, it looks like there is another one of these things to the right of the big one. The full size pics are in my gallery if anyone wants to look closer.

ScubaBoard Gallery - trigfunctions Gallery

Eel14.jpg

Eel_May_22_10_BHB_Dive_046.jpg

Eel_May_22_10_BHB_Dive_048.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know what it is, but it sure is strange looking!!!

The eel is as cute as a button.

Deb, I feel your pain! That sucks. I lost one of those really expensive beach diving flags last year, the one with the big orange buoy and the oversized flag. The real kick in the pants is that my fishing license was attached to the flag in a dry box and it clearly had my name and address yet nobody attempted to contact me to return it. Some people really suck.

Thanks. I always try to have it close. Diving the west bridge the boat traffic sometimes comes close to the beach & also at times run under the bridge instead of in the channel. That day I chased a photo subject against current so left the flag & traveled more than I usually do. Oh well live (key word here) & learn
And I usually have my phone # written on it but it had rubbed off & I kept forgetting to rewrite it

Some shots from today...

If a Slug "Fest" breaks out... It's better just to let them do their thing....

Bump-chicka-bow-bow...

slug_10061910.jpg

slug_10061904.jpg

slug_10061907.jpg

slug_10061903.jpg

Call me...
slug_10061902.jpg

Yeah, right...

OK, so where did the guys go?
slug_10061901.jpg

You'll still see some pictures... They will just be in another location :)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom