East Side Diving - Bonaire (plus a north side question)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oregondiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I just tried to email Larry's Wild SIde diving and it bounced back that their email was full. Another friend mentioned that they think Larry's is out of business.
True/false....? Anyone know?

I also emailed East Coast diving.

There are 14 of us showing up shortly and I think most of us might want to do east side diving, so curious about dive ops (and group rates :D)

Northside Q: We are at Belmar this trip, using buddy dive for the first time. they said they don't do northside trips? We heard about drive trips up in the/by the Slagbaai park.. other recommendations of dive ops to check?

Quick "hey". Have fun in Bonaire.

If you are offended by anything in this post, then my efforts have been rewarded. :D Tapatalk+Autocorrect

Gary, I sent you a PM earlier today. Hope you adn the woman are doing fabulous! :) It was such a treat to dive with you guys in teh Caymans last year.

Larry's is no longer in buisness, but a nother group of folks bought his boat and truck and are doing the trips.
East Coast diving is the op..they should get back to you. I have dove with Larry and ECD..its a great trip and worth it!
If I recall it was about 90 bucks for a 2 tank dive with nitrox.

Im sure you could charter the boat but 14 divers might be pushing it..might have to split the group and go different days?

Drewpy, do you know who bought his boat? There may be only be 8-10of us wanting to do the eastside...we can easily do two different days if our group gets too large :)

OD- East Coast Diving are the guys who bought Larry's boat..it is a Zodiak RIB that is awesome for the East Coast. They go out of Lac Bay and it is a drift dive along the reef, lots of turtles and eagle rays, everything is BIGGER..followed usually by a dive in the White Hole and then a short swim out to the reef to finish the dive.
The capacity of the boat is 10 divers and the price is now 120 for a 2 tanker, price has gone up but still worth it!

Here is the link:
Diving Bonaire on the wildside, Dive bonaire eastcoast and see the big 5.

It's odd that they'd say that since:
http://www.buddydive.com/en/diving/washington-slagbaai-park-safari.html

Maybe they've quit doing it? Or you'll have to drive over to Buddy's to meet the boat. At one time Buddy's would send a boat down to BelMar a couple days a week, maybe it's not time/cost effective for them to turn around and go north to the park. Of course for 10 or so of you they may be willing to.

Last edited:
When we were there in July Buddy's wasn't running the safari trip the week we were there. They said they were so busy they needed the extra boat to accomodate their local trips. We ended up doing a north park trip with Capt. Don's. They don't advertise it on their website but it was on their boat schedule board when we arrived. It filled up quickly. I would suggest that if Buddy's is a no go to call Capt Don's and speak with the head DM and see what they can do. I suspect they might run a special trip just for you if you have enough interested divers. We also dove one day with East Coast and they were great. It is a wild ride and not for new divers. Have fun.

Of course, everyone's dive is unique but we were disappointed our our East Coast Diving when we went with them last March. We are considering a guided east coast tour our next trip. These guides have been highly recommended in prior posts but I can not speak for personal experience with them.

Dive like a VIP
BAS Diving

---------- Post added January 30th, 2013 at 07:12 PM ----------

This is a copy of an email from Buddy Dive that I received Jan 8th in response to a query on their 3 tank trip:

Thank you for your email.

For the 3 tank boat dive safari you don’t need to pre-book this. You can arrange this on the property it self’s because this is going on availability and it’s depending on the weather as well.

If you have any question, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Sunny Greetings,

Niz-Marie Helena
Buddy Dive Resort Sales Agent
Phone: 1-866-GO-BUDDY

On your message from buddy's, I think that was the same message I received before my trip. When I showed up they said sorry not running it this week.

Back
Top Bottom