Has anyone tried Sherwoods folding snorkle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TOPTECH

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I hate wearing one but confess I've needed it at times on the surface in rough water, I'd like one that will fit in my Balance BC pocket. If no one has tried the one I mentioned do you have another suggestion, thanks to all.

The cressi-sub snorkel folds and goes back to shape when you pull it out.........they did not make it to do that but their material allows you to do so:)

I own a couple of those cheap Cressi snorkles. Cost me $5.00 each at DiveInn. They are made of rubber (bendable), not hard plastic.

I just tried bending/folding it up, and yes, it springs right back into shape. If necessary, it can also be tied into a granny knot :eek:ut: . Folded, the cressi will easily fit into a BC pocket.

the zer

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a lot of Cressi-sub dealers in my area. I've been wanting to try the Big Eyes mask too, I understand the downward vision is great , I hope it will fit.

TopTech,

Let us know if you get one of those folding snorkels....I've been thinking of getting one myself. And about the Big Eyes....I was just getting ready to order one from DiveInn.....great price! I have heard that the Big Eyes may not fit as many faces as other maks....hopefully it'll fit mine. The trouble for me is, there isn't anyplace on Guam that sells it that I've found.....so I guess I'll just have to order it & send it back if it won't fit.

Cheers!

I recently bought it used as I haven't found one in a dive shop. Like Guam-Diver I don't like a snorkle but there difinately are times when I need one. Snorkeling with a surprise pod of wild dolphins comes to mind. I haven't used it yet but it folds up into a nice little package that fits in my pocket just right.

I own a Cressi Big Eyes. The downward vision is outstanding, and has a relatively low volume.

I guess it comes down to which one I find first at a dive shop, the Sherwood or the Cressi-sub! I'll let you know which & how it works out.

You can take a simple cheap snorkel consisting of a plastic top tube and a silicon rubber hose with mouthpiece/purge valve and separate the rubber bottom from the plastic top easily. Avoid dry top snorkels because the tube is longer. The two parts can easily be put together and the two halves will fit in many BC pockets. This will provide a more effective and durable snorkel than many of the more expensive folding designs.

Ralph

I never looked at that style closely but that sounds like a great idea. Why didn't I think of that?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom