Retractable Compass

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SoCal Surfer

Registered
Reaction score
Here's the story! A friend of mine wants to go to either a wrist mount or retractable compass. But by looking at them all over the place, I'm figuring that there's a wrist mount that can be put on a retractable lanyard so that he can use it either way. I'm trying to figure out if there is any difference in design between a retractable and wrist mount or can they be used either way. Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Actually you're right. The retractable compasses I've seen are in a "mount" that you can pop them out of and then put them in a wrist mount or console mount for example. I guess that makes sense to do it that way because why make two or three different compnasses when you can just change the mount?

besides wrist, lanyard(retractable), console, you can also get a "hose boot" to mount them on a hose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom