Slates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HybridDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,
Never really used slates till now. What do you use to write on a slate? I found my AOW slate and I never really used it?
Chris

You use a pencil.

pencil.
I write stuff like psi at start of dive, psi at end of dive to help me log later. I also write things I might forget like rock bottom pressure.

Also good for swearing at my buddy.:D

A pencil, came with it. I like my wrist slate (use my divecomputer to hold it on my arm)
Cool for communicating with your buddy, err writing stuff on to remind you later etc etc:)

Crayons. Red for highlights in shallow water.

If any of my buddys could actually be arsed to look at it, I might have used it for communication. But it's more for putting down numbers & notes (multiple compass bearings, distances, checklists) before the dive, it's also good for training - during the dive if I discover that that I need to work on some skill/issue, I jot it down on my slate.

Most often, it's a pen & paper replacement on the surface, for phone numbers and such.

The little pencil that came with my slate sucked up water, expanded, losing all its paint, then disintegrated. I looked around for more or less standard pencils not made of wood and could not find any. So, I bought a bunch of cheap mechanical pencils made of plastic except for the lead. These work well, although the lead is too soft and usually smudges across a dive. I use a slate about once every 8-10 dives and then for specific instructions not easily communicated with hand gestures.

i find that the little half sized IKEA pencils work GREAT.
i put one in a sink and forgot about it for a few days, i pulled it out and it dried up in less than an hour. nothing has shrunk or expanded and it still works great.

IK'm lost I thought the day b4 yesterday you said were quitting and were selling ur gear to buy a bike

Cheekymonkey:
IK'm lost I thought the day b4 yesterday you said were quitting and were selling ur gear to buy a bike

Basically said the same thing about 2 or 3 weeks ago on Decostop. Except then he was asking $1000.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom