Fin pocket too big, ideas for solutions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

krillo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi!

Last summer I, on a whim, bought a set of Mares Raptors online. I later decided that they were a little to big, the pocket feels too roomy. Now, I already spent the money and used them so an exchange is impossible and I don't really feel like getting another pair.

I was wondering if the solution could be to get a pair of bulkier boots? At the moment I am using a pair of fairly simple 3mm boots. Sorta like these, but not the exact ones. Can anyone give some thoughts or tips? I usually only dive tropical and in wetsuits. :confused:

That depends on how big is too big n how much you are willing to spend to correct the problem.

If the fin is a bit too tall then a thicker boot like 5-6mm would be fine but it's really too wide, there's not much you can do about it. Try n bring the fins to a dive store n try out several boots on the fins.

My adv is just sell the fins online n get a replacement as a proper fit is more important than saving $.

Cheers,

SangP

Hi!

Last summer I, on a whim, bought a set of Mares Raptors online. I later decided that they were a little to big, the pocket feels too roomy. Now, I already spent the money and used them so an exchange is impossible and I don't really feel like getting another pair.

I was wondering if the solution could be to get a pair of bulkier boots? At the moment I am using a pair of fairly simple 3mm boots. Sorta like these, but not the exact ones. Can anyone give some thoughts or tips? I usually only dive tropical and in wetsuits. :confused:

It it's only a little loose, how about wrapping the boot with a few turns of duct tape?

Adam

Take the fins to a dive shop and try various booties. Some of them are wider, thicker, higher and may fill the gap.
Remember that open heel fins should always bought with the bootie (used or new)!

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom