Scuba Rear-view mirror?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jplacson

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Has anyone ever tried one of these? They clip to your mask and looks like a small dentist mirror... it supposedly allows good rear-view visibility for monitoring buddies or dive groups.

Anyone care to give comments?

Don't know about them, but maybe it would help me keep an eye on my snorkel as it floats off.

Ok... here's resurrecting an old thread... yes, I actually did it - I bought one of these (as posted by Cbulla) from my lds a week ago. It's a "gadget" "gizmo" "dohicky" etc.. but honestly, it really does work. Overall I really enjoyed my dive more with it on my mask...

Pros:
1)Could see my buddy the entire dive, less than 30 seconds of the entire dive was she out of my view with this thing on... great wide angle.
2)Not expensive (especially if you get them from the link above for only $4)
3)Did not get in the way during S-drills (which we did several of to make sure)
4)Did not block my view any more than the rearview mirror in my car does.

Cons:
1)Makes storing the mask cumbersome
2)Easily dislodged from the mask, which means it could get lost easily
3)Is a perfect example of a rule #6 violation :wink:
4)Only helps you keep track of your buddy if your buddy stays on one side consistently

So call me what you will, I liked this little "gadget" and plan on continuing to use it, though I may find another way to attach it more securely and permanently.

Aloha, Tim

Personally, I prefer the high tech approach. I'm waiting for a butt cam with HUD screen.

dherbman:
Personally, I prefer the high tech approach. I'm waiting for a butt cam with HUD screen.
Is that the cam featured in Jessicas movie "Into The Blue"?????

I think something that is really needed is directional signals on all divers.

kidspot:
3)Is a perfect example of a rule #6 violation :wink:

Ok, I'm stupid, whats rule #6 :06:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom