Waterproof ultimate dive travel wallet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mbacarella

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
On dive trips I find myself stashing all of my important stuff in my dive log binder.

They're really handy for the non-diving parts of my trip, such as at the airport for keeping track of boarding passes, travel manifests, reservation documents, passport, cash in various currencies, credit cards, etc. If it were waterproof and had crush resistant parts I could stash my cell phone and sunglasses in them and not worry about bringing them along on dive boats with me.

I tried searching waterproof dive binders/wallets but the pickings seem pretty slim. Do these exist? It sure would be nice to consolidate all of my travel/diving needs into one awesome binder.

I just put everything into a drybag.

0_29282700_1264782608.jpg

I have one of these for my laptop and documents too... Feelfree Laptop Drybag.
roadster-yellow%28large%29.png

Not a bad suggestion, although I'm still holding out for the magic dive wallet/binder of my dreams. :)

When you add in a cell phone and sunglasses you are looking at something bigger than a wallet. Try a pelican box, they come in lots of different sizes.

Put your favorite one inside a ziplock.

If you want to spend more for the same result, Aloksak is the brand name of a whole line of depth rated baggies. Don't trust them at depth, but they should be splashproof. There are also a couple of brands of clear heavier bags with closures that work somewhat like drybags.

I have been using a SeaLine See Dry bag for about 6 years now. They are very heavy duty and come in many sizes. Some have a plastic D-ring to attach to the boat or your primary dive bag.
When properly rolled, it's almost impossible for water to get in and just has hard for air to escape.
You can put a book in them and as long as you roll the top down in line with the book, the whole thing will lay flat.
FWIW, I don't trust any of the zip-lock style bags.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom