how do you attach your console?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GLWeek

Contributor
Reaction score
hey, Ive been swimming around with my conslole just dangling around and was wandering what everyone else used to keep it close to you. do you use retractors or what?

Rectractor or clip, whatever. :rolleyes:

Not a good idea to let the console drift loose for a variety of reasons.

I have found that the little clips that hold your console by the hose, have a tendancy to come off during your dive, and causing danglies. I prefer to tuck my console into the front of my BC, that way it is always easy to find, and I would know if it fell out. I have also heard of tucking your console hose through you arm hole in the BC. Other than that I have seen quick release bayonet clips that seemed to work. they are hard attached to the console, and the other end is hard attached to the BC, with releasable clips in between, that way it can't fall away unless you release it.

I don't use a console anymore, but when I did I just took a piece of surgical tubing and wrapped it around the console with a bolt snap and secured the tubing with a couple wire ties. Then I just bolt snapped the console to a D-ring on my BC. Unsnap...look at read-out....snap back up and it's secure. My old console didn't have a loop on it, but if yours does just secure the surgical tubing/bolt snap right to the loop.

Lori has the right idea. I would like to add that there is a stretchy neoprene (or something similar, it felt like neoprene) consol holder, which doesn't even require you to unhook your console from your BC. You simply pull the consol away from your body, read it, and then it simply pulls back into place.

The one I used was fluorescent orange, so that it could be seen and grabbed easily. It stretched around the consol and kept it pulled against the front of your BCD.

This is similar to what a retractor does, but at like 1/10 the cost.

Another recent thread on the same subject

here

here's one cool idea. Magna clips! I wouldn't use them if you have a compass on the console, but other than that they rock. it's like a quick release that clips itself.

MagnaClip

Magna_Clip_with_Gate_Clip_and_Lanyard_without_Coil_1.jpg

Disclaimer: This is from my business website, but I really do think these things are cool. I don't know why they haven't caught on more than they have.

Wouldn't the magna clips completely screw your couple hundred dollar computer up, and also your watch if you got it close, and your compass, I have felt these clips and they are really strong magnets, I can see what they would be good for but definitely not a console with computer/compass on it.

I use a mini-retractor clipped to my left shoulder d-ring. Works great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom