MP3 player for diving .... what comes next?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

See, they've had these for a while now, and the concept is right-on, but... here's my question:

What is the frequency response in the earphones??? I did some research because I was thinking about building a home-made one, and found that the only underwater earphones are mostly for use with metal detectors and their frequency response is like nothing. I saw a pair of earphones that looked exactly the same as the one's with those MP3 players and when I saw that they'll sound bad underwater I was a bit turned away.

It looks like it would be a great thing for dive resorts and stuff to use as like an underwater audio "guide", with tracks for different areas of a reef or something, but for anyone looking for a high fidelity solution to enjoying their favorite hits on a dive... it might be a waste of money.

I've not had a problem, but of course I've not done any long hangs. But hey, VR3s have games in them too right?

Spectre once bubbled...
I've not had a problem, but of course I've not done any long hangs. But hey, VR3s have games in them too right?

dudes...submerge a gameboy in a zip-lock baggie....just pick a game you like before heading down the line.

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...
dudes...submerge a gameboy in a zip-lock baggie....just pick a game you like before heading down the line.

Heh heh.. if I could be sure it was gonna be there when I got back to the line, I'd definately do it!

But then comes the problem.. "Do I put down my kick ass game of tetris to get out of the water, or switch to back gas for a little while so I don't burn out my lungs"

Spectre once bubbled...

Heh heh.. if I could be sure it was gonna be there when I got back to the line, I'd definately do it!

But then comes the problem.. "Do I put down my kick ass game of tetris to get out of the water, or switch to back gas for a little while so I don't burn out my lungs"
Switch

That would be so cool, something to keep you pass the time while doing those long decompressions stops...

they DO have video games in some computers for tech and decomp dives. Built right in.

Back
Top Bottom