Defog Holder?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Knight_of_Avalon

Registered
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good way to carry Spit/defogger while diving? The guy who taught me used this carbiner clip thing that went up over the bottom of the bottle, but I never got around to asking him where he got it. Any suggestions?

McNett sells defog that have an attached plastic strap on them. That might work to clip it off to a bag.

I myself just toss a thing of defog in my dive bag or bin and leave it on the boat and don't worry about carrying it while diving. If your mask starts to flood underwater, just flood it and swish the water around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dive bag/ mask case works for me.

In the rare cases where I happened to surface mid dive and wanted to refresh it spit did the trick.

A few more times in warm water I just tucked the little dropper bottle past the wrist of the wetsuit.

If you are needing to refresh a lot 1) Your mask is not clean to begin with, 2) Your not using good defog ( J&J Baby Shampoo straight up works for me) 3) You are rinsing it away before you start. The natural condensation will make it sheet a moment or 2 into the dive, wipe it on an leave it alone. If that's too goopy for you wet the mask FIRST to dilute it but don't rinse it away!

Pete

An empty hand sanitizer bottle will do. Just remember to rinse off any of the remaining sanitizer.
2oz_handy_hand_sanitizer_with_clip_medium.jpg

Yet to find any commercial stuff that works as well as what I produce internally. Frog Spit comes close but still no cigar. And if i eat pepperoni the night before it's even better!

in the mask case is the best place to keep afaic

Best defog holder, my wife :wink:

I apply defog to a dry lens and seldom have to defog after multiple dives. In the event I do my wife tends to carry a small bottle in the cuff of her suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom