I Need A New Dive Light!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cbrantley531

Registered
Reaction score
I currently do not do any night or evening dives which would require me to have a nice primary. I only use my light for looking for fish. I currently have the Uk Q40 and it is just not powerful enough unless im practically in the hole. I would prefer something on the smalller side and be easy for 1 hand operation. Someone guide me into the right direction please! Price range ideal $100, but may go up to $200 if I must lol.

the ever popular DRIS 1K & DRIS 1K "shorty"....

there are a bunch more that will be posted shortly....

I do like the SL-4, but only after an upgrade to an aftermarket head (I have a few from a guy here who used to make them - regrettably, he doesn't anymore). Perhaps the newer generations of the LED's are better, but they weren't acceptable to me at the time....

edit: I see the "L1" designation and 400 lm..... still not the 1K punch of the DRIS...

DRIS or the $49 rechargeable from dive gear express.

I like my HOG Morph back up. Was using Dorcy's and still do but the HOG has six modes, rechargeable battery, long burn times, and it's also 1000 lumens. Nice and small, and in the middle of your price range.

the ever popular DRIS 1K & DRIS 1K "shorty"....

there are a bunch more that will be posted shortly....

I second this. Very durable and uses C or AA batteries.

The 1K with its C batteries last a lot longer between changes (3 hours or so), should last you for many years as there are no plastic bits to break.

I am not as thrilled with the shorty, it has a glove (nice) but only has about 1 hour at full power and a plastic holder for the AA's.

That Dris 1k and that Hog seem like awesome lights. I can't seem to find the dris in the "normal" size anywhere. All they offer are the shorties? I keep my light on a D - Ring on my BC so no need for one with a hand wrap or anything of that matter. I'm gonna keep searching for the dris and hog! Thanks for all the input yall!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom