Looking for info on Micra Air System. Help appreciated!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natche

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I picked up a used US Divers Micra Air System from a garage sale. Didn't know much about it but figured it was worth a gamble for $20.

The 2nd stage has been replaced and in doing a bit of research online, it looks like I need an adapter to fill it. I called Aqua LUng and they informed me it is a military item and cant sell items to the public nor did he mention possibilities of servicing.

i figure it must not be rocket science but I would like to service it and just use it in a pool to help get my friend's daughter interested in scuba diving.
i downloaded the user manual but would like to know how easy or where I could get the item serviced & purchase the adapter.

Any my and all help is greatly appreciated !!

Strange, us divers/aqualung sold the micra for years. My wife bought hers in 1994. It's a good little reg, superseded by the Mikron. Might be a bit tough getting parts though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It did originally come with a Micra secondary but it looks like a spare Air maybe 2cf bottle with a built in primary and secondary coming off it. I beleive if was used in the military form pilots etc if they went down. Google Micra Air Systems ( MAS) and you should be able to find an image.. My skills for posting a pic here at below par...

---------- Post added November 20th, 2014 at 06:59 PM ----------

I stand corrected. It looks like a 2.5 cf tank and was a precursor or competition to the spare air. I was reading and on post said that the MAS system can be filled with a similar adaptor to the spare air. Can anyone confirm this ? Also, are there still rebuild kits for the 1st stage or does anyone have a list of the parts ( most likely just gaskets ?) . Or directions or idea on where to get serviced ??
Thanks

Now I remember those systems. I think they came out in the late 90's. For some reason "H2Odyssey" comes to mind. A cylinder with a first stage, a swivel and a second stage. Similar to the share air. Never actually saw one in person.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here is air pic.. Hopefully.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 150

Back
Top Bottom