Tank carrier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Octopusprime

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I keep looking at the webbing tank carriers just seams like something that would be easy to make. I'm not going to use it a lot but there is one dive site we have to hike in about 150 yards. I have a back pack gear bag and I was thinking if I got 2 tank carriers would make it easier to hump in 2 tanks.

has anyone made one? Maybe out of webbing, tie down strap, or paracord.

Not sure how it would be easier than some of the alternatives. Switch ti diving doubles and problem solved. You can also use a 2 wheeled dolly which is common for cave country side mount divers if the terrain isn't too rough.

I have a cart but it does not work well most of the way it is a dirt path and fine but then you have to do a little off-roading and drop down 10-15 ft and back up the other side.

i have walked in geared up and carried the other and carried in gear both were a pain

That is nice config. But I would have to buy the transpac, wing, 2new tanks and manifold. To be honest for that much I should just buy tank holders...

This is one case where I love diving side mount with Quick connects.....get geared up, walk the tanks down to the site, plug in and dive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom