Rattle signalling device?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lvogtman

New
Reaction score
Does anybody have a source for an underwater rattle? I've seen the AVISUB, but it's made in Italy and I can't seem to find a source. It's a 6" long stainless steel cylinder with ball bearings; easy to use and clips to bc. I know Mares makes a "SHAKER," but I don't know what it's made of and can't find them in my area. Please email me directly if you can help! Thanks, ~Lee. lvogtman@fred.net

by unique Products out of Longmont Colorado. I could not find an URL for them, but the product is great. I think I found mine on E-Bay... I got one for everyone in the family. It is plastic, comes in various colors, and has a BC clip on one end so you can hook it to a D-Ring. It does get everyone's attention!!!

Oh yeah, and welcome to the best board, SCUBA or otherwise on the entire net. I hope you meet as many great friends here and learn as much as I have. Welcome aboard!!!

You can make your own with a short piece of PVC pipe and some ball bearings.

That the bearings used in CV joints would be perfect... go to one of your local CV joint or axle rebuilders for a handfull. I am sure they won't mind giving them up.

Welcome to the board Lee.

How about steel nuts (my choice would be SS) say 1/4 inch size in a scrap piece of PCV or maybe better copper pipe. Add a SS eyebolt (seal up the connection with RTV) and a caribener (sp?)or brass clip to complete the noise maker.

I'm exploring all the possibilities. I've made a rattle from pvc but the plastic doesn't have the tonal resonance that will allow the sound to carry far underwater. The SS cylinder I saw was perfect in that respect.

ACOU-STIK Professional Underwater Communicator.
Patented Technology (U.S. Patent # 5,450,810) used by divers, Dive Masters, and Scuba Instructors worldwide. Get your dive buddy's attention -- fast & easily.

Just a simple shake sends sound up to 100 feet!
No batteries! No maintenance!

Exclusive, patented Anti-Rattle™ Technology. Unlike simple "rattling" devices, the ACOU-STIK Professional Underwater Communicator stays silent while swimming & when stowed in dive gear or luggage. It only works when you want it to!

HOW TO PURCHASE YOURS:

Divers: The ACOU-STIK Professional Underwater Communicator is available through quality scuba retail outlets and major scuba catalogs worldwide.

Distributors and Retail Outlets: To become an authorized dealer, please contact Trident Diving Equipment at 800.234.3483 (in the U.S.) or 818.998.7518 (international). Fax 818.998.2423. Or visit Trident's web site at http://www.tridentdive.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom