Average depth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sideband

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking for something that will figure the average depth of a dive. I have a computer but it only gives current depth and max depth. Is there something out there that will do this without breaking the bank?

Joe

Sideband:
I'm looking for something that will figure the average depth of a dive. I have a computer but it only gives current depth and max depth. Is there something out there that will do this without breaking the bank?

Joe
My Citizen Aqualun watch does it. Might be able to find one on eBay. Also does a nice job as a bottom timer and gives temp too.

I have a Casio dive watch which also does it. It wasn't so expensive in Malaysia. (it also does dive time/temperature and logs - if i remember correctly - 20 dives)

DiveRites Nitek Duo does it, this computer is also sold under the TUSA name and I believe Apeks also. Also have seen some bottom timers that do it.

Sideband:

Joe

What kind of computer do you have? I would think that if a computer can give current depth and time, somehow it should be able to give average depth as well.

My Reefnet Sensus Pro dive box does it for me. It's a ~ $115 device, about an inch cubed, that sits in a pocket during your dive. At the end of the dive you drop it on its cradle and download the info to a laptop, PC, or PDA. It gives you a fair bit of information, including average depth. Cheaper than a lot of download kits and you never need to replace it when you get a new (or get rid of) your computer. Great device.

Bayou Platypus:
What kind of computer do you have? I would think that if a computer can give current depth and time, somehow it should be able to give average depth as well.

It's an Atmos2.

The Suunto Mosquito does this (as do other Suunto computers, I presume). The
average depth for the dive shows up in the dive history.

The HS-Explorer gives the average depth DURING the dive.

Yep, Sunntos will show it in dive history and the pc download post dive but wont show it during a dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom