Catalina Island Incident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeff Toorish

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
There was an indicent off Catalina Island, CA today --a diver was brought to the chamber.

Anyone have any information on this?

Jeff

I was at the LA County lifeguard's office talking to one of our lifeguards who is also a dive instructor. We heard the call on the emergency radio. It apparently was a 37-year old man diving on the wreck of the Valiant off Avalon on one of the Chamber Day dive boats. It was reported he had been bent before. I confirmed this radio report with Scuba Luv. Other than that, I've heard nothing.

Wow, Bill, I would change the name of my dive operation ie "Chamber Day'....a day in the chamber???.........though I hope things turn out all right for this guy....

It is a donation day and fund raising for the Catalina Chamber, better that he would be more careful and not have to use it as money is being raised? Chamber Day is on the money!

I was at the LA County lifeguard's office talking to one of our lifeguards who is also a dive instructor. We heard the call on the emergency radio. It apparently was a 37-year old man diving on the wreck of the Valiant off Avalon on one of the Chamber Day dive boats. It was reported he had been bent before. I confirmed this radio report with Scuba Luv. Other than that, I've heard nothing.

Bill,

That must have been it. We were on Catalina taking a tour of the chamber when the alarm went off.

I hope the guy is okay --I haven't seen anything in the local media about it.

Jeff

The word I've heard here on the island was that he is OK. However, that apparently was a second hit. This is all second hand so take it with a grain of salt (and a margarita).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom