Diving fatality, S Australia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Louie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Dive accident in S Australia - One death, two rescuers injured

Diver dies, three others injured

I imagine more details will come out in the days to come.

The incident raises important questions about emergencies and protocols for rescue - an issue that always comes up in rescue classes.

How tragic, my condolences to the families and I hope the injured divers pull through. According to the ABC there are three injured rescuers. All are in a serious condition and receiving recompression treatment (Man dead after diving accident - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)).

It's being reported that the deceased diver passed out under water, possibly from a heart condition and the rescuers rushed him to the surface to perform CPR, getting a DCS hit in the process. Also reported the deceased was experienced.

BTW the accident was in Victoria, not South Australia.

Dave

Yea Victoria not South Australia.

He was on CCR.

The wreck sits at about 40m of water, one of the deepest you can go with a rec cert locally.

Again, news article is not entirely accurate, but I guess that is to be expected.

Sad day :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom