re: Accident at Ginnie Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reallydg

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dive accident today at Ginnie Springs. An older diver was found unconscious at the surface today coming out of Devils Eye. CPR was administered until EMS arrived but he never regained consciousness.

Don't know many details but sad day.

Not a lot of details. Here's what I know. They were at the end of the dive. Had completed the deco stop. After that, got separated from his buddy. He was found floating in the river. No obvious equipment failure but that's just speculation at this time.

Thanks for the information, please keep any details coming.

yes, no postings on other forums but an accident occurred. I'm sure details will be forthcoming as Ginnie is fairly busy this time of year.

Can anyone confirm this? I have not seen any comments on CDF or TDS.

Thanks.

I spoke with someone who got information from an individual who was on site, so I can confirm it. I have no knowledge of if family has been notified, so I'll withhold any further posting of the name or other information. Some postings on other forums already have incorrect information.

How odd that this has not made any of the news services.

Still no information on this incident?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom