Anyone hear anything about an IANTD instructor's death last weekend in PR.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bhtmec2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I went into my LDS today and was told that an IANTD instructor died last weekend diving south of Ponce PR while using a rebreather.

I have searched for info and have not been able to find anything in the local papers or on the net. Any help would be appreciated.....

Dr Rodriguez was put to rest this week but I have still not found any reports on the accident. He was diving a rebreather when it happened......

We have plenty of other news here but nothing on this.

Heard same thing today....Dr Angel Rodriguez. No details really, I was told it was due to an 02 spike at 160 ft.

I received the following e-mail from a friend who knows more than I do:

....... talked to the dive operator who said Dr. Rodriguez was on a Sentinel CCR at 160' with trimix, no alarms were heard. When he was recovered he had foam in his mouth. USCG took possession of the rebeather. He mixed his own gases.

I talked to the USCG today here and my friend said they were still investigating.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom