Key Largo Incident - Saturday 25 Feb 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Admiral

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
We heard the USCG side of a conversation of a diver on oxygen on Ocean Divers' Santana this past Saturday - does anyone have any further information?

I, too, live in Key Largo, and was diving Saturday and heard some USCG chatter about a diver. Not sure if it is related, but it happened around 11AM (give or take an hour). In this instance, the diver came up too fast from diving the Spiegel Grove, ended up on the wrong boat, and had no bad symptoms other than they were spooked and looking very pale, so they put him\her on oxygen, called the Coast Guard and headed in. From what I could hear on the radio, it seemed very low key, more precautionary than anything. I asked a few hours later to the boat captain of the boat I was on if he had heard an update, and he said no. I'm assuming that's good.

I also have not heard anything and the coconut telegraph does get around

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom