Commercial Diver killed in India

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bombay High

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Just heard through the circuit that a very experienced commercial diver in India was killed whilst diving surface supplied.
The information had right now is that there was a mishap with crane positioning whilst he was underwater in zero viz.

Apparently they jumped the standby diver who found (NAME WITHELD) without his Helmet and a broken neck....

he was an experienced sat diver, doing some air diving at the time when he was hit in the head by the crane and that knocked his helmet off; they found him without his helmet so they're saying the hit/jerk, which was strong enough to take off his helmet the way it did, broke his neck and he did survive that for sometime, he drowned.

R.I.P

Another sad story. It has been a tough week for divers. We have lost several members of the dive family this week.

Dive safe everybody.

I heard as well today. The HLS 2000 is fast gaining a reputation for accidents and fatalities.

:( This sounds like a terrible accident.

I know that in most western countries that this would be investigated until every angle had been examined and a finger pointed. I dont know much about the commercial diving operations in India or this particular job but I imagine that there will be an investigation but probably not to the same extent. I hope that more information will come from this to enable those who work in these situations to learn and hopefully prevent a repeat of this incident.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom