Hyperbaric chamber

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, chambers could be closed. Start EMS and they will determine what you need and start coordinating services.

If you're looking for immediate help, go to the nearest emergency department.

If you're in Southern California, either call the LA County Medic Alert Center (866/940-4401, then push "8") or even call the Catalina Hyperbaric Chamber directly (310/510-4019 - emergency # only - so only if you think you might be bent or embolized).

Plus you can always call DAN (919/684-9111 - and you can call collect - I had to do that from Mexico last year) and they'll help co-ordinate getting you to the nearest working chamber. Not all chambers are 24/7/365 (Catalina is) and any given chamber may be off-line at any given moment. So you don't want to just head to a chamber without clearing it with them first because you may be wasting valuable time if you show up at a non-operational chamber.

In case you forget these numbers (shameless plug coming), I've got them on my website: Emergency Numbers .

- Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom